Cornerstone is a growing and very busy advertising agency based in Oldham on the outskirts of Manchester.
We’re always on the look out for talented marketing, design, web and digital professionals who are wanting to build and progress their career at an organisation like ours, so if you’re interested in working with a growing business that’s fantastic to work for, why not forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Stack PHP Developer
We’re on the lookout for a talented full stack php web developer to join our team.
Working on a range of projects for both large and medium sized clients, the appointed php developer will work with our digital, web, creative and account management teams in developing new websites using technologies such as Laravel, WordPress and similar systems to help deliver on our client briefs and marketing challenges.
Using our bespoke UX orientated approach, you’ll be involved in carefully crafting beautifully designed, structured websites that not only look and function exceptionally, but add real value to our clients’ businesses.
The successful candidate must be hard working, reliable and energetic with a passion for the job and a keen eye for detail.
Minimum 2 years industry experience required.
The chosen applicant will be involved in the technical specification of client websites, and will maintain and update them on an on-going basis.
A passion for the job is an absolute must, as well as the following:
- Minimum 2 years industry experience
- In depth knowledge of WordPress and a similar PHP framework such as Laravel, Magento or Code Igniter
- Ability to code websites responsively using SASS / CSS / HTML5
- Understanding and experience of various ecommerce platforms
- Ability to code, launch and manage email campaigns
- Strong PHP and MySQL knowledge
- Understanding (at least basic) in SEO
- Working proficiently with FTP clients,
- Version control experience using GIT, Bitbucket or similar
- API Integrations (SOAP/Rest)
- Enthusiastic, motivated and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work as part of a team, and individually where necessary
- Attention to detail and focus on quality control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to have:
- Plesk, Ajax, Other platforms such as Drupal, Joomla, Code Ignitor
- WordPress plugin development
- UI development experience
- Growing and stable agency
- Excellent team environment
- Bonus’ available for target achievement
- Real career progression for the right candidate including pay increases and role progression
- Discounted gym membership
Life at Cornerstone
No two days at Cornerstone are the same. Working across industries and disciplines, we’re an adaptable bunch of people who work closely together to deliver our clients with an outstanding customer experience, whilst delivering projects we are truly proud to put our name to.
We offer flexible working, staff bonus’, real career progression for dedicated candidates and added fun such as beer Friday’s, team building events and the occasional pint (or two!) at our local pub.
Check out our video for more insight >>
Committed to our team, committed to our clients
Our people are our company.
We’ve got a team of truly hard working, talented individuals who strive to get outstanding results for our clients, whilst pushing the boundaries and their own personal progression within their given field.
We’ve helped our team develop their skills, their careers, and their roles within the business.
With a family feel, but a strong strategic growth plan in place that’s delivering +30% year-on-year growth, we’re a great organisation to be a part of.
See our work in the MPA, DEA, CIPR & OBA Awards
We’re proud to have been nominated for a number of awards across a host of prestigious awards ceremonies across Greater Manchester and beyond.
Our most recent win came via the CIPR awards, working in collaboration with North West Ambulance Service for two campaigns – Make the Right Call and Hero Next Door, both of which scooped the top spot!
Fancy being part of Cornerstone?
If you’re keen to be part of our team, please feel free to register your interest via the contact form below and we’ll get in touch as and when positions become available within our marketing agency.